St. Raphael Catholic School Safety Plan 2021-2022.
Our leadership and staff are committed to providing your child with a safe and healthy environment in which to learn. The school is working closely with the Archdiocese to ensure there is an effective plan in place to reduce exposure risk for students, staff, and families. We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt as needed.
- At this time, St. Raphael Catholic School is not requiring face coverings. The State’s legal mandate requiring face coverings in public and nonpublic schools expired at the end of the 2020-2021 school year. The Archdiocese does not require Catholic school students or employees to wear face coverings. Parents and guardians are well positioned to determine if their child should wear a face covering while outside of the home and out in the community. Our community respects the decision of our families on this matter.
- Custodians will continue to thoroughly clean our campus each school day.
- Additional cleaning will continue for high touch areas and for any area of illness outbreak.
- Proper hygiene will continue to be taught and enforced.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Water fountains are available only to fill water bottles.
- Classes will be moving throughout the building and mix at recess.
- Classes will social distance as much as possible. Weather permitting, teachers will be encouraged to hold class outside.
Quarantines & Illness
- Instances of COVID will be handled on a case by case basis, using some of the guidance provided by the Minnesota Department of Health Decision Tree.
- Parents will continue to check their child for illness prior to bringing them to school, keep them home if they are ill, and report illness to school.
- If students experience COVID-related symptoms while on campus, they will be evaluated and cared for by the nurse and parents/guardians will be asked to pick up their student Students experiencing symptoms of illness may be referred back to their health care provider for evaluation.
- Please contact Mr. Jason Finne with any questions.
- All-school mass will take place on Thursdays at 8:00 a.m.
Visitors and Volunteering
- Visitors will continue to check in at the reception desk.
- Item drop-off will take place at reception.
- Volunteers must check in at reception and will have their temperature taken.