The end of the school year is upon us and with it so many, “Good-Byes and Thank Yous!” to everyone who has blessed us this year with laughter, learning, growth, and support. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you and pray that you have a safe and relaxing summer with family and friends.
Last night we held our 8th grade graduation and it was beautiful! Congratulations to our Eighth Grade Graduates as they go forward to begin the next stage of their formal education – High School! We thank God for their presence in our lives!
Jack Blanchfield, Teddy Campion, Ariella Chavez, Chelsea Chukwu, Sawyer Doyle, Hazelle Franke, Amara Gerlach, Maria Kellett, Rylee Kottke, Meaghan Larimore, Darian McKinnie, Katharine Rengel, Ryan Ruddy, Luke Schroder, Jacob Stegman, Sally Trang, Keith Weber
Although all of our graduates stand out for their unique and wonderful gifts and skills, the following students received exceptional awards of recognition:
● Knights of Columbus Scholarships : Scholarships totaling $1,500 were presented to two students who will be attending Catholic High Schools, have been examples of charity and service, and exhibit great academic integrity. This year’s recipients are: Amara Gerlach and Luke Schroeder
● Presidential Award for Academic Excellence: This award goes to the student(s) who have the highest GPA in the eighth grade and who are examples of personal and academic virtue. This year we had three 8th graders with GPAs of 4.0! The recipients are: Hazelle Franke, Amara Gerlach and Meaghan Larimore
● DeLaSalle Presidential Scholar Award: Provides $1,200 each year for four years at DeLaSalle High School. Awarded to students for academic achievement and personal character as well as participation and leadership in school and/or community activities. Awarded this year to: Chelsea Chukwu
● Presidential Award for Achievement: This award goes to student(s) who has shown consistent effort, has worked to do their best, and consistently practices patience, perseverance and charity. This year’s recipient is: Katie Rengel .
● Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph Award : This award is given to eighth graders who have been chosen by their classmates in a private ballot to reveal the virtues of these two great Saints. Their names will be added to our Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph Award Plaque, which hangs near the main entrance of the school. This year’s St. Joseph Award goes to Ryan Ruddy . This year’s Blessed Virgin Mary Award goes to Hazelle Franke .
In Christ, Ann Coone