2017-2018 PHT Executive Board:
Chairperson: Becky Lahr, firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Jessie Raymond: email@example.com
Secretary: Carrie Elizondo-Hudak: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Beth Hillenbrand: email@example.com
This week’s news:
“Hello SRS families! I am excited to begin my new role on June 2 as the Chair of Parents Helping Teachers (PHT) for the 2017-2018 school year. We have some great things planned and are already working hard to find ways to support our great teachers and staff. Here are a few things on the docket for next year and we’d LOVE your presence, input, and talent at any and all events:
● Baskets from Heaven – St. Raphael School Fundraiser held at our Parish Festival the first weekend of August. Watch for information on how you can donate items!
● Turkey Bingo, Friday, November 3 (fun for the whole family!)
● Sock Hop (date yet to be determined)
● Room Parents (every class needs a parent behind the scenes to help out!)
● Dining for Dollars (watch for information on how you can feed your family and raise $ for our school at the same time!)
● And much more
PHT is our school’s parent organization and our main goal is to build school community and togetherness among the families. Part of that building includes providing the funds and volunteer support for teacher and school needs that aren’t otherwise funded in our school’s general operating budget (such as prizes for Box Top contests, subsidizing bus fees for field trips, family events, recess equipment, and meals for the teachers during conferences).
Mark your calendars for next year’s meetings to be held the 2nd Wednesday every month August through May.
Our first meeting is August 9, 6:30 – 7:30 pm in the Primary wing of the school.
Childcare will be available on-site.
If you are interested in participating in, or chairing, any of the subcommittees, here are just a few options:
● New SRS Family Mentors
● PHT Marketing
● Food Perspectives
Contact any of our PHT Board members if you have questions or want to volunteer in the above
subcommittees! Thank you!”